Love your location, not your house?
Expanding family needing more space?
Want to make your home warmer and healthier?
Save the hassle, time, and wasted money of real estate fees!
Revamp and love what you already have!
Renovations cover a wide variety of work, and it’s what our team specialise in! Some examples of renovation work we frequently complete for our customers:
- Removal of walls to create family-friendly open plan living
- Adding some doors and decking to create indoor-outdoor flow, ideal for summer living
- Reconfigure the inside to improve flow, creating extra space to allow for extras (storage, en-suite, separate toilet etc)
- Add an extra room or two – another bedroom, extended living spaces
- Re-clad the outside – taking a tired, dated or potential leaky home, and re-clad it to protect future value and minimise maintenance
- New kitchens and bathrooms – enjoy the benefits of modern living and design features while adding value to your home
All this sounds great, is it for me?
The beautiful thing about renovations, is that there is no one size fits all! It depends on your house, section, and circumstances. If you’re thinking renovating could be a good option for you, get in touch with us for an obligation free chat, and we can talk you through some options. Then if it’s right for you, we can minimise the stress and help you every step of the way!
It’s a collaborative approach taken in working with our customers. Your ideas, a bit of input and experience from us, to give you the result you are happy with. This can be broken down into four key stages (below), and while this can seem daunting to start with, much of it is in the pre-planning to get things right first time.
- Chat with us
- We visit your home (site)
- Discussion/emails of different concepts and ideas
- Estimate or draft quote provided (this can include approximate costs for some items)
- Agree on the Scope of Work
- Detailed quote provided
- Finalise plans
- Timeline agreed
- Contract for work signed
- Deposit paid
- Site is set up (health and safety etc)
- Work begins
- Progress payments are made for value of work completed
- Regular communication with home owner
- Regular walk through – no surprises at the end
- Final walk through
- Site handed back to homeowner
- Final payment
- Maintenance schedule provided
- Documents (e.g. PS3, electrical etc) provided to homeowner
- Follow up communication